Friday, December 5, 2014

Mira's 8th Birthday

 Because Mira's birthday happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year, we had a little pre-celebration. Mom and I took the girls to Claire's for the much-anticipated ear piercing!
Ella was technically "eligible" when she turned eight, but she decided to wait. (A little nervous about the pain.) And Mira has been ready to get her ears pierced since I don't remember! She'd asked if she could take Ella's spot and get hers pierced since Ella didn't want to.
 But there is strength in numbers. Ella was ready to go for it with her sister. But she requested that Mira go first. No problem!
 I honestly couldn't remember how much it hurt. The girls would ask me to pinch them to the degree which it hurt, haha! They were trying to get mentally prepped. I only remember I cried. But these girls were tough cookies--no tears whatsoever! And, boy, did they love their new bling!
 Grandma Miller treated us to Chick-Fil-A afterwards for lunch, and we had a couple of happy girls.

 The next morning, being Thanksgiving, I was up making preparations for dinner. I made Mira an omelette with heart-shaped toast. She was stoked to have her birthday on the day when all the family would be over anyway for Thanksgiving!
 Just found this picture in my file...We made Oobleck. Cornstarch and water. A Non-Newtonian substance that is a whole lot of fun to play with!

No comments: