Monday, June 1, 2015

Easter

 Time to have fun with color! We love dying eggs. I love the smell of the vinegar and the bright colors of the eggs. The kids all put on Dad's old T-shirts and get down to business. I got smart this year and bought each of them a dozen eggs to color. (Bonus picture below of Matthew eating a twist of his favorite food: peanut butter and honey on torillas.)
 How in the world are we going to eat 5 dozen eggs?!
 We had all the cousins for a sleepover so that Doug and Rachel could enjoy a getaway for their anniversary. We love having the cousins come! Here they are, all lined up for an egg hunt.

 With their stash!
 A little trading going on:

 Grant is our little bookworm. Whenever he comes over, he just devours all the comic books we have. Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes seem to be favorites. I can hear him giggle now and again.
 I made Easter Bunny pancakes for the kids. They loved them! Juliette:
 Matthew:
 Paige:
 Mira:
 Kate:
 Ella:
 Theron:
 Grant:
 Cousins are cool. Micah and Theron:
 It is so nice to have this playroom finished. It's a great spot for the kids to be creative and have quiet play time. And I just love the way it turned out!
 Easter morning also happened to coincide with General Conference. So we started the morning off with baskets. Each of them got a special gift. Matthew got a new game of Sorry since our old one was completely worn out. He was excited about that. Mira got a nail painting kit with stencils. Ella got a little white bunny and pink nail polish. Micah got the fedora he'd been eyeing. But after getting it, he wasn't sure that he actually wanted to wear it to school. He thought it might be strange. He ended up returning it and getting something else, which was fine. Colin got a pair of aviator sunglasses, which he'd wanted. He was very happy about getting them.
 Trying out the new game of Sorry. It has some different rules we had to get used to.

My favorite talk from this General Conference was "The Music of the Gospel" by Elder Wilford W. Andersen. It makes me want to make my life and my home a place where I practice kindness, patience, gentleness, longsuffering. I want to provide an environment where my children feel my love and confidence in the gospel and in Heavenly Father. I want them to grow strong in the gospel.

No comments: